We have moved our Western Swing Festival from San Marcos to Lockhart, Texas.
The Lockhart Western Swing & BBQ Festival will be held on September 28th thru 30th, 2018, in Lockhart. The Festival begins on Friday evening at the Comanche Country Ranch, located about 5 miles outside of Lockhart. The Friday event is known as "The Gathering", and includes the 31st Annual Texas Western Swing Hall of Fame Show, featuring Al Dressen’s Super Swing Revue with a ten piece ensemble. The Show features special guests Carolyn Martin, Kristyn Harris, Tony Harrison, Clint Strong, Joe Settlemires, Dave Martin, Louise Rowe, Casey Dickens, Dick Gimble,Georgia Parker, and more. This show includes a Fried Catfish Dinner with sides, a Hall of Fame Induction ceremony, and a dance, and runs from 7 pm til 10 pm. This event requires a ticket purchased in advance.
Directions to the Comanche Country Ranch, 1000 Pin Oak Rd, Lockhart, TX 78644, USA:
Going south on HWY 183, turn right, to the west, on FM20. Go 3.4 miles and turn left on Westwood. Go .6 mile. Turn right on Pin Oak. Go 1.1 miles. Entrance will be on your right.
Saturday the Festival moves into downtown Lockhart with six stages in action including the Courthouse Stage, Kreuz Market Stage, Black’s BBQ Stage, Smitty’s Market Stage, the Gaslight Baker Theater, and the stage at the PEARL. Music starts at 9:30 am that morning and ends at 10:30 pm Saturday evening. Western Swing acts include, Carolyn Martin’s Western Swing Band, Kristyn Harris, Al Dressen’s Super Swing Revue, Billy Mata and the Texas Tradition, the Texan Playboys, the Gimbles, the Georgia Parker Band, and the Hall of Fame Band with many former Hall of Fame Inductees coming to join in. This part of Saturday's events are free to the public.
Saturday evening ends with the Official Festival Dance held at the Courthouse Stage with a wooden dance floor. Music is by Carolyn Martin’s Western Swing Band with special guest Kristyn Harris. This Saturday Night Dance requires tickets to enter.
Saturday's activities are located fairly close together, walking distance for many, or you can move your car to another location where there is generally plenty of parking. For those who would like to be transported, we'll have two four passenger golf carts running between venues from 10 am til 6 pm to give a lift in the Courthouse area. We will also have a eight passenger van taking folks to Kreuz and picking them up from Kreuz if needed.
Sunday’s activities start at 11 am and end at 3:30 pm at stages located at Smitty’s Market, Blacks BBQ, the PEARL, and Kreuz Market. All of Sunday's events are free to the public.
To purchase tickets:
1. Go to the Ticket Purchase page on this website and order tickets thru PayPal.
2. On that same site you may choose to use our old procedure of supporting the Texas Western Swing Hall of Fame for ordering tickets. To do so just download that application and ticket order form, fill it out and mail it in.
3. If you live or work in Lockhart and would like to get your tickets directly, call Sandy Kosarek at 512 227-2177. She works at Countywide Realty on S Commerce and she has some to sell directly. Please call her first.
4. If you have any trouble or questions please call or text 512 745-0659, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Remember, only the Friday Night Gathering and Hall of Fame Show, and the Saturday night Festival Dance required tickets. All other events are free to the public for the entire weekend.
On your ticket purchases, if it is too late to mail them to you, anytime after the 24th, we will hold them at WillCall at the event for you.
Visit our new website at lockhartfest.com for more information, or go to The Lockhart Western Swing & BBQ Festival on Facebook for more info.